Sunday, September 22, 2013

Funny Dreams

So, apparently I talk in my sleep....A LOT. Haha. The other night I had a dream that Sister Carvalho and I were teaching a man about the Church and then he asked me what I was called to do here at Temple Square. I told him, "Well, I'm called here as a missionary...."  I pointed at my name tag in my dream and realized I wasn't wearing it!  Annnd woke up my companion up by exclaiming "I forgot my name tag!", haha.  Whoops.  Good thing I haven't done that in real life yet!
 
Also, my companion had a dream about a giant chicken attacking people....what??  Hahah. And she wouldn't get into an escape car because she wasn't with her companion.  I probably had gotten eaten or lost or something. Haha.  So many crazy dreams here on the mish!
Anyway, this week has been WONDERFUL! So many great experiences have happened! I have been helping one investigator in particular with problems he is having and he has been able to push through and stay obedient! I'm so proud of him!  Also, on the Square the other day, Sister Carvalho and I were walking around and talking to people.  I saw a boy sitting on a bench by himself reading a book and thought "Oh, we should talk to him" and right at that moment Sis. Carvalho changed her mind about what direction we were going to take to get to our destination and started walking down a path that went by the boy.  It was perfect!  We started talking to him and had a conversation about his family struggles and his decision to go on a mission.  At the end, I felt prompted to tell him that Heavenly Father knows what's going on in His life and is proud of him and loves him very much.  He teared up!  While saying goodbye, I expressed that it had been great talking to him and he told us that he was grateful we did. This is just an example to me that Heavenly Father is aware of EVERYONE. 
Family Home Evening with the Zone

Carvalho and I were walking by the fountain and we saw a guy in a military uniform on a bench. I had the feeling we should go talk to him, so we started walking that way. We made our way over, and right when I was about to say hello that feeling immediately went away and I kept my mouth shut. We continued walking past and my companion looked at me so confused.  However, literally the second after that happened, two other sisters walked out of a building nearby and I turned around to watch them as they went over and introduced themselves to the gentleman.   Throughout the next hour I saw him with those two sisters all over Temple Square.  I was so happy for them!  I know Carvalho and I could have had at least some connection with that man, but I know that without a doubt those sisters, for whatever reason, had the background or life history to have an even greater connection with him.  God is aware of everyone's needs and I felt the Spirit there guiding me to let the sisters who were best fit for him step in.  Being a missionary is the best!
I'm loving all of the sisters here and I'm so happy to be serving. The mission is tough, but I'm learning and growing so much from those tough times that I can't help but love it!  My faith in Jesus Christ continues to grow and I'm so grateful for the Bible and for Joseph Smith and all that he endured so that we could have another testament of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon, to read from and receive guidance. 

I love you all!


Sister Asay


Temple Session with the District

No comments:

Post a Comment