Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Back to Temple Square!!



Hello friends and family!!! 

This week has been so great and has gone by super fast! We did exchanges earlier in the week (I think the past 3 or 4 weeks we have had to spend at least 2 full days out of our area, so insane!), but they went really well!!  Then the next few days were packed with appointments and visits, it was great!  This weekend has also been full of a lot of goodbyes since I fly back to Temple Square on Wednesday.  The past 3 months have gone by so fast and I can't believe I am already finishing up my Outbound experience!  I am pretty stoked to be going back to Temple Square though!  It feels like I'm going home in a way :) 


Howard Family!!! the fam of my ward mission leader :)


KYLE WAS BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!!  It was hilarious in church when Bishop announced that Kyle was being baptized because right after he announced it Kyle yelled "Wooo!!" and invited everyone to come. Hahaha. So great!  It was an amazing baptism and there was so much happiness!!!! It's great because everyone in the ward has come to love Kyle so much over the past month and a bunch of people came to support his baptism!  Sister Bonn and I both spoke and I gave the talk about Baptism...I seriously couldn't stop smiling when I spoke because I was just so happy for him!!!  Then we all walked over to the font and Bishop Hawkes was the one who baptized him.  Kyle was beaming when he came up out of the water and he gave Bishop the biggest hug!  His happiness was contagious for everyone who was there! And something that was awesome is that the Crafts came too! Terry, Wade, and their daughter Shaylee came! I think it was the first time Wade has been inside a church in a while.  It was such a beautiful sight to see and it just felt so right to have them there!

Kyle! happy, happy baptism day!

I am really so grateful for all of the experiences I have had here in Hamilton. I have met so many wonderful people and I feel I have grown a lot here.  I have seen the physical evidence of how the Gospel can change people's lives and how happy it makes them.  I feel that so many blessings are waiting to be poured upon us, but we just have to strive to follow Christ and keep his commandments.  When we gain that personal relationship with God and with Christ, we are able to see who we can become and we are given strength to handle any trial we face.  

Bishop Hawkes and his family!!


I feel so blessed to share this Gospel as a missionary and to dive deeper into my own testimony of Christ's Gospel.  I don't know where I would be if I hadn't gained that small testimony of my Savior and of the Book of Mormon when I was young.  That testimony has grown so much and has molded me, and continues to do so, into who I am today.  I love the comfort, peace, and joy I am able to feel through the blessings of this Gospel.

I love you all!!! Have a wonderful day!!! Temple Square, HERE I COME! :)

Sister Asay 



No comments:

Post a Comment