Monday, March 17, 2014

Another Great Week



Hello!!

This had been another great week!!  So many little miracles and it's difficult to know where to start! To start off I have a sad story, there was a member woman who came on chat in September who was searching for different ways to do missionary work.  She had muscular dystrophy and was the sweetest person in the world.  We have sent emails back and forth for months about different options, ideas, her resulting missionary experiences, etc.  Almost every response from her, she would say sweet, uplifting, and supportive words to me about my own missionary work.  I found out last week that she passed away a month ago.  I had wondered why she had never replied to my email and then a thought came to my mind a few weeks ago, that I needed to email her again.  Tears came to my eyes when I found out, but I know she is in heaven with her sisters and probably beaming because of all the missionary work she can do in heaven.  She was a tender mercy throughout the beginning of my mission and we were emailing so I could help her, but really, she had been helping me without me even knowing it and became someone dear to my heart.

We have had a lot of meetings for the 1st transfer sisters in the past few weeks, so Sister Jones and I have been able to go on exchanges!! Love that girl! Yay for previous companions :)


So...miracle this week! Sister Lopez and I had a 2-hour block on the Square one afternoon and it had been about 1 1/2 hrs of that block when I felt we should go to the Assembly Hall.  We walked inside and I wanted to talk to someone near the entrance, but then I felt, "No, keeping going".  I was just like "Well, okay" and kept walking down the aisle.  There was a bunch of people in there, but then I saw one guy sitting on a bench and felt we should talk to him.  Turns out he is trying to come back to church and is really needing a lot of support in his life.  It was interesting because at first he seemed totally fine, and I wondered what the reason was that I felt prompted to speak to him.  But then he told me how he had a rough time recently in his life and I asked him a few questions about it (which I never usually do....I kind of let people keep their personal stories to themselves), but he opened up to us and that's when I figured out that he was trying to improve his life.  I asked if we could call him and be a support to him, and he eagerly gave us his information!  We are going to call him each week to see how he is doing and if he is staying on track!  It is always amazing to have those experiences where we are totally guided by the Spirit!!

In December, I took a family on a tour and the daughter and I have been staying in touch via letter and then, recently, through text and phone.  We were talking last week and she wanted to go to church, and it turns out the closest church to her was MY home ward!!  I asked if she wanted to go with my parents and she said she would love to!! I was then able to email my mom that day (it was Preparation Day) and asked if they could call her and set it up! I was so excited for my parents to meet someone I had given a tour to while I was on my mission!! 
 
That leads to my next thought....I LOVE my parents.  I have really realized on my mission how important parenting is in a child's life and that their examples have an impact.  Situations at Temple Square have brought to my mind small memories....for one, how my dad served others constantly and always fulfilled his calling. Then, my mother, how she always showed kindness and love to complete strangers and how she was always available for her children.  I had a "twinkle of trouble" (as my mom would say, haha) when I was a little kid, but my parents were able to help me learn what I wanted to be through them teaching me with love, patience, and kindness.  It was amazing to trust my parents with my friend and that I had no doubt it would go well!  My parents are examples to me of being firm in the faith, trusting the Lord, and living the standards that God has set up for us through our living prophet.  I hope to be as amazing of a parent as each of them one day :)  I truly know that God gave us families to help us grow together and, that as we center our families around the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that we could truly have happiness on earth!  It does take work, but it's worth it! 

Sister Lopez, Sister Bailey (my District Leader), and I!


So, a few funnies:
- I taught Sister Lopez the meaning of "No way, Jose". 
- I had my own Spanish chat! Not really, we are always on the chats together. BUT she was busy with the other one so I had to take the reins and speak Spanish with the person.  Granted, it only lasted about 5 sentences and I used Google Translate, hah, but hey! Muy divertido!!

Love you all!! :)

Sister Asay



https://geo.yahoo.com/t/;_ylt=AjfB6RywjsCdIOAZn8coXVl.lVM6

No comments:

Post a Comment