Thursday, April 10, 2014

Conference is Coming!



Wow, I don't even know where to start....I literally feel like all of the days and weeks are blurring together and I have no idea what happened on what day. It's just going by so fast!!

Transfers were this week and I will still be with Sister Lopez! I will finish training her and we will be on the Square this transfer! Goodbye Beehive House. I was a little sad about moving zones, but I love being on the Square and it will be great experience for Sister Lopez to be out there more!  Annnd I'm not moving apartments. Whoop whoop! 

Sister Lopez and I! Our last time at the Beehive before the transfer!


                Things are going great with my investigators!  James was baptized on Saturday and I was SO incredibly happy for him!!  I think I was looking forward to it almost as much as he was!  Sally (name changed), a woman I am teaching through email, has been learning so quickly and is progressing!  However, I taught her the law of chastity and it was a hard topic for her to hear, and she didn't email me for over a week afterwards, but I testified to her of the blessings she will receive from staying pure and told her to talk to her fiancĂ© and to pray to Heavenly Father to know if it's the right thing to do.  I felt prompted to email her a few days ago and she responded yesterday saying that she had talked to her fiancĂ©, prayed, and feels good about everything.  She said they are committed to each other and they can wait.  Ah! I was so excited for her and soo impressed!  The Law of Chasity is difficult to commit to for some people, but she really turned to the Lord and could see that being with her husband-to-be forever is definitely worth the wait!

The General Women's Meeting....I'm in the top right in gray. :)


                Also, things are definitely picking up at the Square!  There was one Beehive shift (3 hours) where we didn't sit down once.  Oh my goodness, tour after tour after tour.   It was great but really exhausting! I have realized how much I love teaching though and how blessed I am to be in a mission where we are teaching constantly!  The hustle and bustle has made me super excited for General Conference this weekend!  There will be thousands of members who have just been edified by our prophet, apostles, and other leaders and we get to speak to them!  The Spirit will be so strong and I am so excited to be a missionary!  And we are changing things up a bit this time which I am super happy about.  Instead of us going around, uplifting the members, and asking members for referrals, we are going to still uplift the members and invite the Spirit into our conversations but then we will ask them questions that will help them think of someone in their life who they want to share the Gospel with!  We will then help them with that, give them ideas on how to move forward, and then follow-up with them to see how it went!! I am seriously SO excited!!  This makes it not about how many referrals we receive, but how many people we can truly help! And hopefully, by first helping the member, we will be able to continue to help them and find new investigators who are ready to learn :)

Kind of a windy day, but my compy and I with the beautiful temple!


                Conference is seriously a time of miracles and of answered prayers!!  Elder Holland said "that if we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you."  How cool is that?!  I invite everyone to listen by the Spirit during Conference, but also to prepare with the Spirit! Write down questions you may have that you would like answered, study your scriptures, pray that your heart will be touched!  This is a time to rejuvenate our spiritual batteries for the next 6 months until October Conference.  How blessed are we? Get pumped everyone!! :) 

Here is the link to watch it online:
Well, it's been a great week! Crazy too since sisters from my class left for Outbound....some of my closest friends! I surprised myself that I cried when they announced where they were going.  I had seen other sisters go Outbound and other sisters cry, and I thought " you will see them in 3-4 months?" and then there I was all teary eyed....haha.  It's just weird because you see them every day and then all of a sudden you don't.  But this mission gets us used to change, which is good :)

Another transfer awaits! Can't believe I will be in my 6th transfer out of 12!

Love you all!! Watch Conference!! :)

Sister Asay






No comments:

Post a Comment