Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'm Feelin' 22!!



Happy Birthday Sister Asay!!  Thanks to Mr. Mark Olateju for making this photo collage!


I can't believe that it's already my birthday again! Ha, what?  This past year has flown by so fast!!! This time I'm lucky though since my birthday is on Preparation Day, so we are getting dinner at Zupas tonight with our roommates. YUM! :) 

My mom gave me the best nail polish in the world! Formula X!

 "I don't know about you....but are you feeling 22!" So cute!!


This week I want to start with some funnies...

The other day, a previous T-Square sister introduced us to her two new Nigerian friends. (They met in the mall because they thought the sister had fake hair and a fake face, haha...she is a makeup artist).  They were OBSESSED with taking pictures and we literally took 10 minutes at the Christus for that reason. And it was so funny because every time we posed we had to say "Jesusss!". Hahah... every single picture! They were a hoot. And the RM can sing super well so the two ladies asked her to sing Amazing Grace for them. We walked outside so it wouldn't disturb too many guests and after she sang one of the ladies told her to sing again and had everyone join in! So, there we are on the Square singing Amazing Grace. Haha, so great!

The next funny thing was this morning when Sister Hansen and I were on desk assignment and this group of like 20 Asians walked by.  One woman signaled to both of us asking for a picture and after that, one by one, about 7 of them took pictures with us! I have never felt so famous for being American before. They were so sweet!

Miracle time! So, a miracle that happened this week was when Sister Hansen and I were in the North Visitor Center on desk assignment.  I was finishing a conversation with a guest when this lady came up to me and asked where she could get a Book of Mormon. I replied, 'Right here!". I walked around the desk and grabbed her and her husband a Spanish and English Book of Mormon (they requested both). Turns out they were visiting from Puerto Rico and had just been given a tour of Temple Square.  They had a few questions which I answered and we talked about the Gospel and their experience here so far.  They were so nice and willing to learn! I asked if they would like to stay in touch and learn more and they were more than eager!  They said they would love for us to call them and that they would read the Book of Mormon!  Meanwhile, Sister Hansen was talking with their friends and later I found out that they admired the Mormons so much because of their light and how nice and happy they always are.  It was just an overall cool encounter with both couples and we have two new investigators from it!!  They return to Puerto Rico at the end of this week so we will be calling them then :)

Also, a lady, Renee, who I taught before going Outbound to Montana got baptized!!!  She had a date set before I left for July 19th and I was able to call last week and hear all about it!!!  She is so happy and her whole family ended up being baptized too!! Miracles!! The Gospel truly does bless families :) 

Last, but not least,...... David Archuleta spoke in our mission last night!!!!!! Um what?!?!  I know. I couldn't believe it!!!  Turns out one of the senior couples, Elder Howell, is really close with David's grandpa and he wanted to do something for the sisters before they leave at the end of this month, so he asked the grandpa about it and the grandpa talked to David!  So COOL, right???


Proof that David Archuleta came....haha


His voice is amazing and his testimony is rock solid!  I have so much respect for him and for how dedicated he is to the Gospel, especially with the world tugging at him.  He literally sounds even better in person than he already does in his songs! Crazy!  I also sat next to his family during the fireside.  They were so nice!  His little sister was next to me and we talked for a while. We also got pics with David in our zones, but I sadly don't have those yet.  I'll send them next week! 

Well, as you can see, it has been a pretty good week!! We received a ton of new investigators, one of which is Chong Gong who came to the Square.  I love his name and he is super prepared! I know that God blesses us with so many miracles when we are doing our best! I love teaching and I love being on the Square!  The Holy Spirit is so powerful and can touch our hearts when we are open to it, and I love feeling that each day while walking on this sacred ground!  Pray always and look for good in everything!

I love you all!! Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! :)

Sister Asay




No comments:

Post a Comment