Thursday, October 2, 2014

Miracle Sunday!



Hello everyone!!!
This week has been a crazy one and we have been so busy!  We sadly haven't had much time to be on the Square which was a total bummer because I really miss teaching.  I have been able to email some investigators and catch up with them, but I have really missed taking tours.  Yesterday, however, was a day full of blessings!!
First, Sister Hansen and I always open the Square in the morning and as we were doing so, we see people filing inside the Tabernacle for Music and the Spoken Word.  Sisters get to go once a transfer and we both had the thought, "We should go today".  It wasn't planned at all and we even weighed the decision of going the week after Conference, but we both felt that today was the day to go.  We finished unlocking the other buildings and went to the Tabernacle.  We decided to sit on the balcony and after a few minutes this group of four people came over and asked if the seats next to us were open.  We replied that they were and they sat down.  The girl next to me, turns out, has been debating about whether she should go on a mission or not.  She asked me a lot of questions and I shared my testimony with her about how much a mission has blessed my life and truly changed me and my testimony for the better.  It was a nice conversation and then the performance began.  Throughout the broadcast, this girl had tears strolling down her cheeks and had to wipe them away multiple times.  Afterwards, she gave me the biggest hug and said thank you.  We exchanged information and she is going to write me whenever she makes her decision :)  I felt so grateful that Sister Hansen and I listened to the small promptings of the Spirit so that we could help her. And THEN, once people started leaving, Sister Hansen and I noticed that Bonnie Oscarson was sitting in front of us!  She is the Young Women's General President and she gave us, and 4 other sisters, three hugs each!!  We took a picture with her and her daughter had us write down our parent's emails so that she could send it them. So cool, huh?? It was just the sweetest encounter and brightened our day even more!!  Also, one of the songs performed by the choir was "Oh what a beautiful morning" from Oklahoma and I totally teared up since Mom and I always watched that together.  Such a good morning!!! 


Music and the Spoken Word and meeting Sis. Bonnie Oscarson, General Young Women's President!






Then, Sister Hansen and I set up the Women's Broadcast video in one of the small theaters for the sisters who didn't get to see it Saturday night.  It was crazy because it was all figured out last minute and a few sisters weren't able to find exchanges since they had different assignments. To make it work, I went with Sister Occolier (who had a large group tour to take), Sister Hansen went with Sister Isaaksen (whose assignment was in West Gate), and then their trainees went together to the broadcast.  Ha, complicated, but I went on a Mandarin motorcoach which was so fun!!  And then after that, Sister Occolier and I took a tour of 3 guests around.  It was so fun being with my old companion again and what was even better was that I was finally able to be on the Square and teach!!!!!  I have missed it so much and the tour was just wonderful!!!  It went really well.  They didn't refer, but they were so interested and I know that sometime down the road that maybe they will want to :)  The whole experience just topped off my night and I felt so grateful!! 
Sister Hansen and I after the General Women's Broadcast :)

Blurry, but it was pouring rain and it looked like a waterfall was coming off the Tabernacle!!


Sunday was definitely tender mercy after tender mercy and I felt so blessed by my Heavenly Father!  I had been praying in my heart for more experiences to help people and to teach, and then what do ya know! Sunday was full of them!  I really know that as we do our part, or our assignment in this case, that we will be blessed.  It's tough for me being in an office for most of the day, but I know I am supposed to grow from it.  I have really enjoyed working in the office though.  It has been wonderful getting to know President better and having the opportunity to be part of a group that really focuses on the sisters needs and how we can improve the mission.  

We went to a baptism at the Swahili branch, sooo cool! And this girl was adorable!


I feel so blessed to wear my name tag that bears Christ's name and to testify of this wonderful Gospel.  Testifying is definitely one of my favorite things!  Being a missionary means so much to me and I'm happy I made the decision a year and a half ago to serve.  I know that Christ is my Savior, I know that answers come as we seek for them, and I know that God will never let us go astray as we clutch to His word.  God loves us so much and always wants to help each of His children.

I love you all!! Have a fabulous week! Don't forget to watch General Conference!!! :)

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch?lang=eng

Love,
Sister Asay 

Editor's Note:  Visitors to the Square! 
Our wonderful nephew, Richie Asay, was sealed to his beautiful wife and children and the Asay fam were able to find Cousin Catherine!!  What a perfect sight to see these beautiful women!  I can't wait until January when we are all together again! 
Alisa, Rachiel, Sis. Hansen, & Aunt Lori! 

Pure happiness!!



Then, our dear friends the Woolston's, from our home ward who recently moved literally ran into Sis. Asay at the Square as they were trying to get out of the rain.  We love this sweet family!  Thanks for the pictures!

So fun to run into your YW president from your youth! :)

Way to represent Texas Matt with your Texas Rangers t-shirt!





No comments:

Post a Comment