Friday, November 7, 2014

God is Always With Us



Hello everyone!! 

I can't believe it's already November and getting cold again! But despite the cold, this week has been a good one!! We have been on the Square a bit more and it has been nice giving tours. Sister Ferguson and I had a cool experience the other night while we were in the West Gate booth.

This man came up to the window and told me that he was homeless and asked if I knew how he could get a meal that tonight.  I have met a lot of homeless people around Temple Square and this guy seemed unlike the others, so as I was looking up the info he needed I started asking some questions.  Turns out  he was in military combat and was injured.  He has had it tough the past few months with emotional struggles from what he went through, his father passing away, and a divorce with his wife.  He is a member of the church and we started talking about faith and where his testimony is.  He shared with me that he still believes in God and knows the church to be true, but that it has just been a challenge for a while to live it.  I shared with him how trials in this life help us to become more like our Heavenly Father and that God is beside us through everything.  He agreed and shared how he believes that we grow as we have trials. It was a great conversation and Sister Ferguson wrote down some quotes for him to read.  I also felt prompted to ask if he had ever been to the temple and I found out that he has been before, but hasn't been back for a while because he turned to smoking and drinking to cope with his past experiences.  It was so interesting....I had never felt so strongly before as I did with Frank that someone needed to go back to the temple as soon as they could.  I invited him to come back to the Square and visit with us so that he could regain the faith in what he believes and also to be able to return to the temple.  I was pretty bold about it, but I felt the Spirit guiding what I said.  He responded that he would be happy to meet with us and that he would come back!  We got his information, chatted a while longer, and then he left. But before he left, he shared with us how grateful he was for our kindness in helping him and wanting him to come closer to Christ.  His countenance was very different from when he first approached us to when he left! As he was leaving, I said, "Hope you have a good night, Frank!" and he said, "I will try to....no, no, I will!  I definitely will!" So tender!  God truly is always with His children, through everything. 

I read this scripture the other day in personal study and really loved it. John 7:17 "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."  I really know that when we live what the scriptures say that true happiness follows. I have been able to experiment with my own life and realize that I feel the most peace and comfort when I am keeping the commandments of my Heavenly Father.  His Spirit is always there waiting to guide us, but it all depends on how close we allow Him to be.  Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us and want to be in our lives, but we have to let them in. I want to invite everyone to open your heart a little more than it has been and do one thing that will help your Heavenly Father be even closer to you than He already is. :) 

I love this Gospel with all my heart! I know that God is a merciful and loving God and that we never have to walk alone.

Have a wonderful week! I love you all! :)

Sister Asay

 Also! The entire mission went to the temple on Halloween! It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had!  All 200 sisters there together. The Spirit was so strong and my heart was overwhelmed with how much love I felt!  Such a wonderful night :)

Sister Ferguson and I ate dinner with everyone before going to the temple!

Haha. We ran out of money like a week ago and had to ask sisters for some TP! Sharing is caring.






No comments:

Post a Comment