Friday, December 19, 2014

And so the last transfer begins....



Hello everyone!!

I am so excited for this last transfer because I am follow-up training a girl from the Czech Republic!!! How cool is that??  Her name is Sister Sindylkova and she is just the cutest and sweetest thing!  I don't know her super well, but I am really looking forward to serving with her! This is literally an answer to my prayers because since I'm training and I have no extra responsibilities.  I can do so much missionary work and work my hardest this last transfer! I mean, I do have the assignment of helping with Member Events...but it's pretty slow in winter so there will probably be one event the entire transfer. Ah, I am just so excited!

A miracle happened this week!!  The other night I prayed in my personal prayers before bed for new investigators to teach.  The next day we were walking on the Square and I saw these two guys walk by and I thought they were going to ask me a question, so I started to say something, but then they turned down another path.  About 15 minutes later we received a text saying there was a tour of 2 guests in the South Visitor Center.  Sister Ferguson and I have rarely ever had time to take tours this transfer, but I saw that text and felt a stir in my heart.  I asked Sister Ferguson if she wanted to take it and she said yes! So, we headed on over to the South VC and what do ya know?  It was the two men who walked past us earlier! They are both from El Salvador and one, Humberto, had been studying at the University of Utah for years and the other, Gabriel, was just in town researching or studying something for the past month.  We took them around on the tour and discussed the temple, that God is our loving Heavenly Father, proxy baptism for those who have passed on, eternal families, prophets, Jesus Christ and His Atonement, and then lastly showed the new "He Is the Gift" video.  Humberto actually knows a TON about the church because he lives in an apartment complex of Mormons.  He told us that he is the only single guy there and that his married friends invite him to everything, haha. So funny. He knew a lot, but also had many questions that we were able to answer for him.  Gabriel had never heard much about the church and was soaking everything in!  He was curious and open to everything we said. At the end, they both referred and we gave Gabriel a Book of Mormon! Sadly, he is going back to El Salvador, but we have his email so that we can get his new number and call and continue to teach him.  And Humberto will be coming back to the Square next week :) The funny thing too is that I totally forgot I had prayed for new investigators the night before until the tour was over!  I was so grateful though and I knew that Heavenly Father had answered the righteous desire of my heart.  Fun thing too- Gabriel was so excited for his new Book of Mormon that he took a picture with us and held the BOM and made sure it was seen in the picture.  So awesome!

This week has been a little crazy with all of the busyness that comes with the end of transfers! However, I truly feel so blessed with all I have been able to learn this transfer and I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and that I get to testify of Him and His divine purpose this Christmas season.  The older sisters in the mission were able to watch the re-broadcast of the Christmas Devotional last night and something I liked was by Elder D. Todd Christofferson and how Christ, who was the Son of God yet was born in poverty and suffered many things, descended below all things to redeem all things. Christ's had to go through what he did to be able to succor his people. His experiences had redeeming purpose and He did it because it was the will of the Father, but also because Christ loves us all so much. 

I hope you all have a great week! Maybe I'll learn some Czech! Haha. Much love!

Sister Asay


Soo, we had felt like cooped up chickens all day a few days ago, so we had a little fun after planning. Haha.

My last Staff Meeting! It was a great 2 transfers with all of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment