Monday, January 12, 2015

Go BIG or Go HOME...or both!!



Hi everyone!!!
Gosh, when people say the mission goes by faster and faster they weren't kidding! This week literally feels like it's been 2 days to me!
Anyway, what a week of miracles!!! We have been working really hard and have taught probably the most lessons ever in my whole mission this week! We have taught 17 purely investigator lessons. Outbound we always have a goal of at least 20, but that's with member dinner lessons included. So it's been a really good week! Plus, the Lord has been blessing us!

One big blessing happened on Tuesday. We were in the Teaching Center and I received a call from a guy named Scott. He told me that he wanted to get in touch with the missionaries in his area. I said I could help him with that and got all of his information. Then I asked a few questions and found out that he had taken the missionary lessons in 2012, but had moved away right before having the last lesson that he needed to be baptized. Then he told me that he had it confirmed to him in a dream that he needed to be baptized...so amazing! I told him that I would send his information to the local missionaries and that it usually takes a few days for them to stop by, but that my companion and I would be happy to review the lessons with him in the meantime. He liked the idea and agreed! And guess what? We have taught the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the first 4 Commandments, and he went to church AND he has a baptismal date for Feb. 15th!! Talk about blessings!! I was kind of down last week because Manuel fell through and I was praying to Heavenly Father that my only desire was just to help someone this last transfer to progress and be baptized. And then that Tuesday, like a day after the prayer, Scott called in!!  I really know that God hears our prayers! And I won't actually be a missionary when he is baptized and we probably won't reach our baptismal goal this transfer, but I feel so blessed that I have been able to teach him almost every day this week and can help him progress toward his goal. I think it's cool how it's not what I had thought the answer to my prayer would be, but that it actually is what I prayed for!

Well, I have a week left and I'm going to work hard until the end!! This is one of my favorite scriptures! Not sure if I've shared it before, but it's 2 Nephi 31:20.

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
I love how happy and hopeful it is. Also, "press forward" is mentioned twice! That's what we all must do! Press forward and keep having faith and doing our best :) Love you all!!

Sister Asay 
I saw my second parents, the Romneys!! They came to SLC to get set apart to be MTC presidents for the Dominican Republic!!

FroYo :)

I took this lady and her family on a tour last April! We walked by each other last night and then we both turned around at the same time and said, "Wait! Hey!!" haha. She said when I'm back in Provo she'll have me over for some real Mexican food!


No comments:

Post a Comment