Saturday, January 3, 2015

White Christmas!



Hello!!
First of all, family it was so nice talking to you!!! I didn't think I'd cry, but when mama cries I cry.  It was so great to hear all of your voices :) Even Danny's through Skype!!  Also, it snowed on Christmas!! Literally hasn't snowed all winter until that morning! So cool! All of the sisters were so excited!   I couldn't believe that we actually had a white Christmas.
Walking to go call the fam!
Christmas breakfast! Pancakes and ice cream :)

This week has been awesome!! We have found so many new investigators!! I'll talk about a few. One, named Dinesh, who is from Middle East but lives in Seattle.  We met on Christmas Day.  We were assigned at a theater to play the Nativity and he walked by and we started talking. We literally talked about SO much.  Jesus Christ, faith, our purpose here on earth, the Book of Mormon, the background of it, Moroni's challenge, the blessings of the Gospel, etc.   It was so interesting because his questions and thoughts were so good!  Like "I'm just trying to figure out what my purpose in life is" or "I have all these little goals, but I just want to have an ultimate goal".  In my mind I was just like "Um, wow!! Our Gospel is for you!" and I told him that we have all of the answers to his questions and that by reading the Book of Mormon he will be able to find what he is looking for.  I hope we will be able to stay in touch.  In the beginning, I asked for his phone number, but he was unsure about giving it so I gave him a pass along card with our texting number on the back.  Then in the middle of the conversation, I told him I wanted to share a video with him and asked for his email- which he gave. At the end, I gave him the Book of Mormon, invited him to start reading, and testified of the blessings of reading it.  He seemed excited to read it so hopefully he will text us!   Something cool too is that before all this happened, we were closing the doors to start the movie and out of the corner of my eye I saw him walking toward us and I said, "Come on in! We are just about to start!" and then I felt something, not sure what, but it made me actually focus and look at who this individual was. Then I kinda forgot about it because I started talking to other people, but after the video finished I saw him walk out, remembered my little experience, and I knew I had to talk to him!  It's truly amazing how things happen and how, after he left with his new Book of Mormon, I realized that what I felt earlier was the Spirit and that the Spirit was making sure I remembered this man so that I could share the Gospel with him. I pray that we are able to stay in touch and keep teaching him! But if not, I know that he at least has been introduced to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and has the resources to find what he is searching for.

Then, on Saturday night, we met Cesar!! My companion is awesome and in-tune with the Spirit and felt that we should stop and talk to these two teenage boys. We talked about Jesus Christ and families and had a nice conversation where we all shared our testimonies about Christ and our families. We then asked if we could stay in touch and share more with them and the first boy didn't want to, but the other one, Cesar, did! We actually called him last night too and taught the Restoration! It went so well and he is very open to what we have to say.

Also, Humberto is doing well! We taught him the Restoration last week and he understood and liked it all except the fact that Joseph Smith saw Jesus Christ after praying in the grove. Humberto said he couldn't believe that could happen since he felt Christ was only supposed to come again at the Second Coming. So, funny thing is that there actually had been one scripture on my mind during the week prior to this lesson and it was Acts 3:19-21.

"19 ¶Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

After reading this scripture to him and explaining what it meant (that the "times of refreshing" and "the times of restitution of all things" are referring to the restoration of the Gospel) he was just quiet and said "Ohhh, that makes sense".  I love when people are so open and willing to learn! He knows so much about the Gospel and loves what we believe already, we will just keep filling in the gaps of what he doesn't know. We have an appointment with him tonight so we are excited!

I love the Temple!

We also had a "Finish Strong" meeting this week for the departing Sisters and it was awesome because Sister Sindylkova and I set some really good goals! We are going to work hard until the end!! No regrets!

Thanks for all of the love and support everyone!! Happy New Year!!

Sister Asay

Editor's Note:

Pictures sent in by people who found Sister Asay on the Square!  Thanks for sending them to me.  I love every one of them!

With sweet Cousin Maylee!!
Karen B. from Sis. Asay's home stake in Texas.



Singing on the Square with the other Sisters.

Bryce!  Chums since childhood! 





No comments:

Post a Comment