Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy 2015



Wow, I can't believe that it's a new year! However, I'm so grateful for 2014 because it is the year where I spent all of my time as a full-time missionary. Gosh, what an amazing year it has been! I have learned so much and I know I couldn't have picked anything better to do for that year, and for my life, than to be serving as a missionary :)
"Meet The Mormons" has come to Temple Square!!!! We are now playing it in the Legacy Theater for guests and also in the Visitor Center Theaters. We watched it the other day with Jerrica and it is so good!!  I love how it focuses on individuals and their families and that it simply shares how the Gospel affects the way they choose to live and that they're really happy because of it! 
Meet the Mormons with Jerrica and Sister Jones!

This week we have been teaching a lot and have seen many little miracles. There was one man, Manuel, who we met on a tour. We taught him the Restoration and then invited him to be baptized and he said yes!! He even agreed to a date, but the sad thing is that we set an appointment for him to meet us at the Square the next day (he doesn't have a phone or email since he just recently got divorced and got rid of everything) but he never showed. I was so bummed!  He has been to church 3 times in San Antonio already and at the end of the tour we told him where the church by the Conference Center was so that he could go. He was so excited about it and was looking forward to seeing us the next day.  I'm not sure what happened, and I was let down that he wasn't at our appointment, but either way, I know he will progress! I was grateful to meet him and whether he learns with us or not, he is searching and I know he will be baptized one day.  I'll keep praying that he comes back to the Square and we cross paths!
Yesterday, I was able to share my testimony about my Savior during sacrament meeting. I didn't plan on it, but I feel that Heavenly Father just floats us up there sometimes.  I just felt so blessed to know that Christ loves all of us so very much. He willingly came here, knowing that He would suffer pain and afflictions down the road, but did it anyway because He cares about every single one of us. I am thankful to know His purpose and feel the hope of His light in my life.
Have a wonderful day everyone! Love you all!
Sister Asay

My step- posterity! Sister Mathias (Germany/ England), Sister Nogueira (Brazil/ Georgia), and Sister Oliveira (Brazil)

My cute companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment