Monday, October 28, 2013

Birthday Fun!

Hello, hello!

First off, thank you everyone for all of the birthday wishes!!! You all are the best and I felt so loved!! :) Thank you!!

Last Friday, my whole District went to dinner for my birthday.  The entire time I was planning on going to BJ's (it's delicious and has pizookies! Cookies with icebcream on top) and I was so excited! But when we walked over to the restaurant, I realized I had mixed the names up....this place was called JB'S not BJ's and it's basically a dumpy version of iHop or Denny's. Hahaha. But we ate there anyway since we were running out of dinner time and it ended up being a lot of fun! We took lots of pictures and I was so stuffed by the end!
Birthday Dinner w/ my District!
On our P-Day, I picked out a cake mix that I wanted to make so I could celebrate with other sisters and invite them over for cake on my birthday. I bought a milk chocolate mix and then rich chocolate icing to go on top.  My mom sent me a few boxes on my birthday and one of them had the exact same cake mix and icing in it!  I just started laughing because my mother seriously knows me SO well!  Haha. Love you mama :)  And don't worry, one box won't go to waste...Sister Carvalho's birthday was yesterday so I am making her a cake tonight :) 
Happy 21st Birthday!!

We had transfers this past Wednesday the 16th and guess whaatttt?!?!  I 'm staying with Sister Carvalho for another transfer!  Which never happens here at Temple Square besides when training. I am excited to be with Sister Carvalho for another transfer!!  She is wonderful!!

Also, Sister Carvalho and I are the new Sacrament Meeting Coordinators! This means that we will be the ones to pray about and assign different sisters and topics to speak in wards around Salt Lake City. We work hand in hand with President Seppi (one of President Gillette's counselors for our mission) and we get to call and talk to the Bishops around the city!  We have worked a bunch so far and I love this calling!  It's so cool to pray to Heavenly Father and feel inspired to know what sisters to choose and what topic each particular sister should speak about.  :)
Hanging with Brigham Young at the Beehive House

I'm so grateful for my companion and for the opportunity to teach.  I have grown and been made aware of my strengths as well as my weaknesses. It's kinda cool to see, really.  I feel that I know myself better.  I have felt Heavenly Father's love and awareness of me and I know that this is His work.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and visited His people in the Americas. And something awesome that I learned this week is that there are little miracles in our lives every single day.....we just have to look for them :) 

I love you all!! Have a great week :) 

Sister Asay


No comments:

Post a Comment