Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Montana!!



Whew, what a busy past few weeks!!
I will start off with a funny from Temple Square...

Sister Occolier and I took a French guy around on a tour and taught him the Restoration.  We then finished at the video “God's Plan for Families” and it's where you sit down in one room and move to the next (and there's 6 rooms). In the 3rd room, he sat down and I heard a weird ripping type of noise.  I didn't think anything of it and kept watching the video.  Then after the 6th video was over, we both turned to him and asked him what he thought.  He said, "I ripped my pants...." it was SO hard not to laugh! We all chuckled together, but I was dying inside. Poor guy.  He liked the video though!

            Last Tuesday was CRAZY with getting ready to leave! Packing, packing, packing. I felt like a departing sister at the end of her mission which kind of freaked me out, ha, but I got everything ready and was good to go the next morning! Sister Bondare from Latvia and I were both flying to Montana together so it was really nice having a flying buddy.  I don't really think it sank in with me that I was going to another mission until we were on the plane and the flight attendant announced where we were going.  Sister Bondare and I just looked at each other with wide-eyes...it finally hit us that we were leaving Temple Square!  

President & Sister Meacham of the Montana Billings Mission


Pres. & Sis. Meacham and Sister Bondare from Latvia



It was a quick flight and when we landed the mission president, President Meacham, and his wife were there waiting for us along with a few other sisters. They took all of us to lunch and then we went to the mission home to get everything situated and to have interviews.  I went first and he asked me to bear my testimony and he asked a few other questions to get to know me. We continued talking and he told me that my new companion was Sister Bonn from Las Vegas and that he felt that he should call me to be a Sister Training Leader. Yikes! But it was so interesting... Pres. Meacham was explaining about that and about the Billings, Montana mission as a whole and I felt the Spirit touch my heart and I felt so much peace. It was then that I knew I was meant to be here. 

Driving to Hamilton! Montana is beautiful!!

Happy to be in Montana!!


After filling out some paperwork, Sister Bonn and I drove the 7-8 hours it took to reach Hamilton, Montana.  We had A LOT of time to get to know each other, and it was pretty fun! We finally arrived around 10 pm at the Harris home and moved into their above the garage apartment. Then the next day we had our District Meeting, they moved it from Tuesday since I was new, and it was so great!! I love my zone and even though it was a different place from Temple Square, I still felt I had a good hang of what I was doing.  Then that night the Bishop and the Ward mission leader and their families had us over for dinner.  We all got to know each other and they asked us to share our stories of why we came on a mission.  Sister Bonn and I both have pretty interesting ones so they were all intrigued.  It was a wonderful dinner and I instantly felt so much love from all of them!  It was all so great and I love being in member's homes!! 
My new companion, Sister Bonn :)

Gotta love those Montana cows!

The next few days, Sister Bonn and I worked with the Elders who used to cover our ward to get the names of people and their information and learn more about the area.  Sister Bonn and I are the first full-time missionaries back in the Hamilton ward for a long time (the elders had been covering two wards). That was kind of overwhelming for both of us to try and learn everything, but President said he felt good about it! We had church yesterday and the bishop asked us to speak and to also include our stories of why we decided to serve missions, and everyone we met was SO excited to have sisters back in the ward!! It was so great! And at Ward Council that morning everyone introduced themselves and bishop asked them to see what names came up as Sister Bonn and I introduced ourselves...and every single person referred a friend! It was amazing. They love our energy and I really know that Sister Bonn and I are supposed to be here at this time. I am just so excited to be here and to work! It's great because we finally have everything organized now, have stopped by some homes already, and we are making progress! 
The stake put on something called the Mormon Chapel Run. I really wanted to run in it, but they needed help with water stations, so we were the water girls :) 
 
The cutest dogs in Montana!
I am so grateful I have the chance to serve here in Hamilton, Montana.  I feel so blessed and I love how the Gospel really touches and changes lives.  I love this ward, and I love the people in it. They are all stellar and so kind!  I love how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same in every state and every country.  And I can't wait to continue to have more experiences and adventures our here in the beautiful state of Montana!! And most of all, I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am here to share His Gospel and convey His love to all of those I meet, and I am enjoying every single minute of it! :)
Love you all,

Sister Asay

P.S. I have a Facebook! Sister-Catherine Asay.  I can't add friends or family from home, but you can "follow" me if you want! 

Thanks to wonderful Jessica Schaack for sending this picture!!  We love visitors to the Square!  We will miss you in Dallas Jessica!




No comments:

Post a Comment