Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Baptisms!!



Hi everyone!!

Wow, one year down! I can't believe that it's been a full year of being a missionary already! Time sure flies!

This week has just been amazing!! We had 2 baptisms this weekend!  First, Katelyn on Friday night and Antara on Saturday night.  Katelyn's has been a long time coming and she has had a testimony for years, but her mom would only let her be baptized after she graduated college.  It was such a tender baptism!   Katelyn has been dating this member guy Michael for years and he choked up while he was saying the baptismal prayer. His family was there too and the mom was crying...So much joy!

Katelyn!!

 
And Antara's baptism was just awesome too! We have been teaching her for about 2 months now and it was so wonderful to be able to help someone I care so much about make that step.  The Roger's (the bishop and family) have been awesome fellowshippers and Jacob, the son, baptized Antara. It was cool because they have known each other throughout high school and he was the one who first invited her to church. Ah, it was just such a happy night and weekend!!

The girls :)

Antara and Jacob!


 
Also, we put someone on date this week! We were visiting with the Crafts, who are less active, and their friend Kyle came over while we were teaching the Restoration. It was our second time meeting Kyle at
their home, but this was the first time he sat down and joined us...and he was so receptive to it! He has a ton of energy and when we shared the First Vision he said he felt "something...something good" during it and we explained that it was the Spirit. We finished up our lesson and invited him to be baptized and he gave an exuberant yes!  He's awesome. We are meeting with him at the Craft's home tonight!  It was great to watch Brother Craft jump in the lesson and help teach his friend.

Yesterday I gave a talk in church about the Book of Mormon and so this past week that topic has been on my mind a lot.  I just want to share with everyone how much I love the Book of Mormon!  It is promised to
each of us in the back of the book that if we read and pray about it we can receive a witness of its truthfulness. Then, once we receive that witness, we know 3 things- that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph
Smith was a prophet of God, and that The Church of Jesus Christ is His Church once again established on the earth. How cool, right??  That's a lot we can know!  And as I have personally read and prayed about this book, I have come to truly know and gain a testimony of those three things for myself. There is power in the Book of Mormon and it can answer many questions we have throughout our lives! I invite everyone to read it!  It changed my life for the better, as it has for millions of others, and I know it can for your life too. And if you don't have a copy, you can go onto 
lds.org or mormon.org to order a free one!

Looking forward to this week! Love y'all!! :)

Sister Asay

Oh PS! Transfer news came today and I will be staying in Hamilton with Sister Bonn!! I'm so happy I'm staying here for my last 4 weeks before going back to Temple Square! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment