Monday, August 4, 2014

Never have I ever milked a goat... Oh wait!! Yes, I have!



Hello everyone!!

I went on exchanges this week with a sister in our zone and I was able to have some fun experiences! First off, I got to eat huckleberries.  Super yummy! It was my first time ever!  Second, I got to ride BIKES! We don't have them in Hamilton since we were doubled in, but it was seriously so much fun! I love bikes :)  Maybe I wouldn't be saying that if I had to ride them every day, but I think there's a possibility I'd still appreciate them. And lastly, I got to milk a goat!!!  So cool right??  It was a little weird at first, but then I
got the hang of it and it was pretty fun :) goats... They're such funny animals. They were jumping all over our truck and the owner kept shooting them with a BB gun. Haha!

Yep, that's a goat on our truck. Haha.

Check that off my bucket list!


We met with Betty, our 80 year old investigator, and she is doing well.  One of her friends, who isn’t a member, stopped by and he was trying to teach our history but was incorrect in what he was saying, but Betty totally had our backs!  It was never argumentative by any means, mostly him talking, but she would say cute little comments that let us know that she didn’t agree with him.  Love her!!

Antara is doing so great!! We taught her some of the commandments last night at the bishop’s house and it went so well! First of all, I love the Roger's family and then I just love Antara and then we were teaching (probably my favorite thing as a missionary) and it was just perfect! The Rogers all gave wonderful comments that helped enhance the spirit of the lesson. She will be getting baptized on Aug. 15th :)  We are so excited for her!

... and there was also a cat that followed us and hopped onto our car. Animals on our car has become a theme for the week.


Something that has been really cool this week is seeing my prayers answered.  I have been praying that I could be more in tune with the Spirit and truly be a tool in the Lord's hands.  It
has been amazing to see that when I have a prayer and also really strive for that goal that it's able to happen! I felt guidance during lessons and I've had cool thoughts to share come to my mind as I speak that I hadn't thought of before.  After leaving lessons, I say a little prayer in my heart of thanks for the extra Spirit that was able to be there with me and direct me.  I really know that God does answer prayers, especially as we make an effort and do our part :)

We had a wonderful time when our zone when for a hike!  It is gorgeous here!


Well, I am so grateful for this Gospel and for the opportunity I have to serve.  I shared my testimony yesterday in church about the blessing of families and the beautiful plan that God laid out for us.  I really know that as we have faith and remember that we are here for a purpose that every challenge becomes that much easier to handle.  I feel so blessed to have this knowledge and faith that God loves us, that I am His Daughter, that through Christ I can have clean slates and true joy, and, most of all, that I can be with my family forever in heaven.  I know these things are true, and I know that we can all gain this testimony for ourselves through prayer and scripture study. 

I love you all! Have a fabulous week! :)

Sister Asay






No comments:

Post a Comment